VldPersonals License

Maybe you have some tips/ideas ...
you can share it here and tell us ...

VldPersonals License

Postby admin » October 7th, 2010, 8:39 pm

originalpost made of db3204 from http://www.filipina-lady.net

VLDP LICENSE

Even though you have a valid license, you may still see an error saying your license is not valid. I'm still not sure I have this whole licensing thing down pat. It took me a few tries to get licensing straight, but once I did, I was up and running. Here is the scoop.

You will have to log in to your vldP Client area and click the My Product link. There you should see a list of your license. Click the license you are using for the vldP you uploaded to your new host. The license number in your vldP Product area should match the license number in your config.php. You can use only one license per vldP installed. There are some exceptions I will talk about later.

In the above screen, you click the "Reissue License" button. After you click it, you must clear the includes/cache folder for the vldP you uploaded to the new host.

For whatever reason, it took me a few tries to get things straight. I was moving 3 vldP sites to the new host and it could be that I was just tired and not paying attention. But it did take me several tries to get my licenses matched up with the right vldP config file for each copy I owned. If you do have problems, check your config.php file and make sure the license you are "Reissuing" matches. If you have the right license number in your config.php for the license you are trying to reissue, all I can say is to try again by pushing the "Reissue License" button, clear the includes/cache again and keep trying until it works out. Like I said, it took me several tries.

Obviously if you tried more times than you can count and still are not getting it to work, it is time to put in a help ticket at vldP help desk.

VLDP LICENSE EXCEPTIONS

I asked vlad about using the same license more than once for testing and he said you could as long you installed the test copy of vldP in a folder called test. Here is how it works.

If I have vldP installed under my root at asian-wife.net, I could create a folder under the root called test, install vldP in the test folder and use the same license I used for asian-wife.net for the vldP I installed in the test folder.

Another example: Lets say I have my main vldP installed in a folder called dating. The path to my main vldP is root/dating/. In this case, if I want to install a test copy than I would have to install the test folder under the dating folder. The path for my test folder would be root/dating/test.
//gugu
Admin VldMods Forum
admin
Site Admin

Knowledge: 6
Vld Version: 2.7
Vld Site: http://www.love2u.se

Return to Tips & Ideas